Saturday, June 7, 2008

Cannes/Antibes

Today we took the train to Cannes (about 30 min away) and Antibes (about 15 min away). They are both beach towns, and both super great! I definitely loved Cannes--we are thinking of going there for our long weekend next week instead of italy, since its cheaper and wonderful. There are restaurants everywhere, the beaches have sand instead of the rocks that the Nice beaches have, and the water is gorgeous. Its so good that I actually went in the water today (I have photo evidence if you don't believe me--i just have to find a computer in order to post it :)). The sand sparkles and the weather is fantastic. I came home for dinner with my host family (steak and french fries) and learned a lot of stuff about them, such as:

-the brazilian students are married and expecting their first baby in september, it will be a boy named antu. They wanted to study in a foreign country for fun.

-the little boys name is kevin, he likes david beckham, wwe, and hates apple ice cream (our dessert today).

-the baby's name is amelia and she likes a show called "la petit princess" on the tiji channel

-the brazilians speak spanish, portuguese, italian, and as much french as I do, and andrea (the wife) speaks english...thank god.

We talked about politics and sports and popular names and tv/movies today, all in french, for about an hour...I guess I'm learning?

Tomorrow our group is going on a hike but since I got blisters in between my big toe and the toe next to it today on both feet from my cheap flip flops, danielle and I are spending the day at the beach. We may also go to the mark chagall museum if we can find it.

Provence after school on tuesday, monaco the week after next. I have a placement test on monday morning to determine what french class I will be in, but real class starts at 9:30 on tuesday.

Ciao ciao (equivalent to bye bye around here)--b
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Beth - just catching up on all you are doing. Your trip sounds like it is going well and I can't wait to see all your wonderful photos. Love you much! Aunt Cheryl