Monday, June 9, 2008

Quick update

Hey all! I had my placement test and an orientation at my french school today (its called france langue and its in nice...google it maybe?) and I landed myself in intermediate french with two girls from my group. After school, we went to out local english pub called Akathor to watch the euro cup for the third night in a row. Last night we watched germany beat poland, and tonight there were two games: france vs. romania and italy vs. holland. France and romania tied (so sad...we all bet a euro that france would win) but I don't know how italy and holland did. Its so fun watching soccer games here! The bar sets up plasma tvs and tons of seats so tons of people can come. I also got to here the french national anthem today before the game, what a lovely tune. I'm not sure who is playing tomorrow, but we are going to provence after school on the train and will be there for the rest of the night, so we will find a place to watch it there. My host family has been making great food, last night was mexican rice with chili and tonight was a quiche with mushrooms, ham, cheese, and eggs. Mom: they have the same steak knives we do...the ones with the bees! I've been pretty homesick but am still having a good time...12 more days seems like a long time but I know it will go by fast. Well I have to get to sleep so I'm not a late mess tomorrow--i woke up late for school today (typical) and nearly missed my placement test. Ciao ciao!


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: