Sunday, June 1, 2008

A little more about where I'm staying-

We are staying in the MIJE hostel on rue de falconnier in the 4th arrondissment (I'm sure I spelled that wrong). The 8 of us girls are sharing a cozy two story apartment on the second floor of the building where we have two private showers and sinks, and one private toilet. We also have plenty of closet space and a little desk area! There are 6 beds upstairs and two below and red velor carpeting! My bed is actually pretty comfortable--if it wasn't so humid here I probably wouldn't have woken up. Our hot water wasn't working yesterday, so I've been opting for cold showers while everyone else is using the showers of an unoccupied room that the hostel gave us a key to until our water gets fixed today. Today we are going to Franprix (a grocery store across the street from us) and Montprix (basically French Tarjay) to pick up basic toiletries and neat souvenirs. We are planning on picking up some crepes and a bottle of champagne (sorry Mom--when in Rome, right?) later tonight and camping out on the lawn by the Eiffel tower to see the lights sparkle since we weren't standing still long enough to see them much last night. They have some crazy cheap stuff here--the light up Eiffel tower statues for €1 have been my favorite street sale so far, with the bottles of wine and champagne being sold on the street (literally--the bottles are sitting on the ground under the Eiffel tower until they're sold) but lucky me has only spent €2,50 on a cold bottle of Evian from a vending machine on La Seine and €8,50 on a metro pass. I'm gonna go spend some more money now at Fran/Montprix (eat your heart out Eric)--au revoir!

xoxo- b
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: